Contributors

Monday, May 21, 2012

Chocolate/Berry Avocado Pudding

























My first little, Caroline Gilger, has a healthy living blog I highly recommend you follow. She posted about chocolate avocado pudding, and later posted about raspberry avocado pudding. I made the chocolate version and it was a bit too bitter for Charlie. So he suggested dipping berries into it. I did so and he liked it, so I just added in about a cup of them. Voila!

Ingredients:
2 ripe medium/large avocados
5 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbs stevia
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup frozen berries (I used a mix of strawberries and costco's antioxident mix)
2 tsp cinnamon
cayenne pepper (to your discretion)

Directions:
1. Put all ingredients except berries in a food processor. I suggest doubling the recipe
2. Mix for about a minute. Scrape the sides, mix again. Make sure the avocado is fully creamed into the mixture.
3. Take out of food processor, put in the frozen berries, leave out so they defrost. After they defrost (about two hours), mix it all in together. I like the fruit a bit chunky in it, but you can also put it in the food processor if you want it more smooth.
4. Don't tell your children it's based off of avocado!
5. Make another batch immediately, because you'll finish this one.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you linked this in to Food on Friday. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete